The village of Lichtenberg has around 250 inhabitants and lies at 930 m above sea level, northwest of Agums at the entrance to the side valley of Alpbach.

The village is dominated by the ruins of Lichtenberg. Lichtenberg Castle was built as Trutzfeste the Tyrolean against the bishops of Chur. The beginnings to the 13th century, around 1250, the first time we meet members of one sex who call themselves Lichtenberg. The expanded facility was until to 1513 in the possession of the Counts of Tyrol, then the castle was owned by the Counts Khuen Belasi and it still does until today.

At the ruins safety works are carried out contiously.
Montechiaro/Lichtenberg also offers a few more attractions, including the church of St. Christina on Pinet and church St. Josef at Mount Lichtenberg. The Way of St. Jakob connects Glorenza over Montechiaro with Agums and Prato – ideal for leisurely walks.